Mergers & Acquisitions
Mergers and acquisitions (M&A) forms the centerpiece of Berger Singerman's corporate and business practice. We regularly represent both domestic and international buyers and sellers in all forms of public and private M&A transactions. Our active, broad and diverse M&A practice is extremely varied in terms of client, industry and deal size. Our clients range from family and privately-held concerns, to venture capital funds and their portfolio companies, to private equity and buyout funds, to Fortune 100 companies with established acquisition and divestiture programs. Our attorneys regularly handle merger, acquisition and sale transactions with deal values ranging from three million to over a billion dollars.
As strategic business advisors, we take great care to examine how our clients' planned transaction will affect its business, customers, employees, suppliers, vendors and other stakeholders. As our "buy side" clients compete for acquisition opportunities, and our "sell side" clients seek the best available exit transactions, we guide them through the complexities involved in structuring, negotiating and executing these transactions on the most advantageous business, tax and legal terms.
Our M&A attorneys are "deal makers," not impediments, who partner with clients to structure, negotiate, document and close a broad range of transactions, including:
- Mergers, acquisitions and sales of public and private businesses
- Acquisitions, sales, spin-offs and dispositions of business units and assets
- Joint ventures and strategic alliances
- Leveraged buyouts and "take private" transactions
- International & Cross-Border Transactions
- Auctions and bid transactions (representing both sellers and bidders/buyers)
- Distressed Transactions & Corporate Restructurings
- Tender and exchange offers
- Anti-takeover advice, planning and structuring