Berger Singerman’s Dispute Resolution Team has earned its reputation for successfully and efficiently handling a wide variety of complex commercial litigation matters from pre-suit investigation and counseling through every stage of litigation including through trial and appeal. Members of the Team have tried hundreds of significant jury and non-jury trials to verdict and judgment. In 2013, the Dispute Resolution Team was honored to win Litigation Department of the Year (general litigation, mid-size firm category) by the Daily Business Review, an ALM Media publication. The award recognizes law firms that help clients achieve the satisfactory resolution of legal disputes in the private and public sectors.
We routinely practice in state and federal courts in Florida and across the country. Our attorneys also regularly practice in alternative dispute resolution forums, including mediation and arbitration. Team members have handled disputes exceeding a billion dollars in controversy. Our Team members are committed to delivering appropriately aggressive litigation and creative dispute resolution and strive to reach the best resolution for the client at the earliest practicable moment in the case.
Berger Singerman represents regional, national and international clients from entrepreneurs to Fortune 500 companies in these areas:
- Complex commercial fraud matters, including receiverships, fraudulent transfer actions, securities fraud, and Ponzi schemes
- Labor and employment law, non-solicitation/non-compete cases, Fair Labor Standards Act compliance and litigation, and various employment termination disputes
- Real estate litigation, involving developers, governmental agencies, contractors, buyers, sellers, brokers, title companies and lenders
- White collar criminal matters, investigations including asset forfeiture matters
- Contract, warranty, commercial and transactional disputes
- Banking litigation and enforcement of debt instruments
- Business torts, such as breach of fiduciary duty, theft of trade secrets, and tortious interference claims
- Bankruptcy related litigation
- Construction litigation
- Government agency litigation and regulatory enforcement matters
- Professional malpractice litigation
- Post-judgment collection including tracing and collection of funds internationally
- Intellectual property
- Appellate litigation
- False advertising and promotion disputes, including claims under Lanham Act
The combination of our experience and passion allows us to provide creative and effective counsel and assist our clients in resolving their business and commercial disputes.