Berger Singerman attorneys have extensive depth and experience across many disciplines in the aviation industry. Florida's aviation industry has capitalized on considerable strategic competitive advantages from its proximity to the Caribbean and Central and South America, and the industry's participants require the responsive and effective legal representation that the Firm's attorneys deliver. We take particular pride in our favorable professional relationships with leading aviation industry operators, consultants, investment bankers, lenders and other attorneys serving this business sector. The Firm's aviation attorneys handle complex aircraft transactions and other aviation related legal services for a wide range of aviation industry participants.
The Firm's aviation attorneys have experience representing:
- Airports and aviation authorities, including development activities within and adjacent to airports
- Cargo and Passenger Airlines providing scheduled passenger and cargo service and charter operations, including establishing charter operations and related contractual arrangements.
- Fixed-Base Operators
- Aircraft management and charter businesses Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul businesses Aviation training facilities
- Engine, Landing Gear and other Parts and Component businesses
- Buyers, Sellers, Lenders, Brokers, Lessors and Lessees participating in aviation transactions in both commercial and the private aviation contexts, including transactions with aircraft manufacturers and secondary market participants.
Our experience in representing aviation industry participants includes the following activities:
- Purchase, sale, financing and leasing of aircraft, engines, parts and other equipment, ib both commercial and private markets.
- FBO operations, and aircraft management and charter agreements
- Resolving day-to-day operational issues Negotiating service and outsourcing contracts
- Corporate acquisitions and divestitures, including purchase and sale arrangements for passenger and cargo airlines, and aircraft manufacturers.
- Restructuring businesses throughout the aviation sector within and outside of reorganization proceedings
Our experience focusing on airports and airport concessions includes the following activities:
- Negotiating with federal, state and local airport regulators (including the FAA)
- Negotiating airport use agreements
- Representing clients in the procurement process
- Leasing and concession arrangements involving airport facilities
- Subleasing of various operational aspects of an airport
- Resolving day-to-day operational issues with landlords and tenants
- Resolving a wide range of employment matters
- Resolving noise, environmental and other regulatory or administrative issues
In addition to our aviation industry representations outside of financial distress situations, our aviation attorneys also collaborate closely with the Firm's nationally-recognized Business Reorganization Team in complex consensual workouts and bankruptcies of aviation industry participants. This deep restructuring experience also offers a significant resource to sophisticated investors considering an investment in distressed aviation related assets.