Christopher B. Choquette
Christopher B. Choquette is an attorney on Berger Singerman's Dispute Resolution Team whose practice focuses on the area of first party coverage and property claims investigation and litigation. Prior to joining Berger Singerman, Chris was a Partner with a statewide insurance defense firm where he oversaw hundreds of property insurance claims. Chris has experience on a wide array of first party property issues, including: hurricane damage, water claims, fire and vandalism losses, and assignment of benefit disputes.
- Representing a condominium association in Florida’s panhandle, recovered a seven-figure settlement for damages resulting from Hurricane Michael without needing to file a lawsuit.
- In representing a commercial property owner that owns a resort venue that has multiple buildings damaged by Hurricane Irma, obtained additional recoveries far beyond the insurance company’s initial payment.
- Representing a local real estate developer specializing in retail shopping centers, including this commercial shopping plaza, recovered a significant six-figure appraisal award after filing litigation to compel appraisal.
- Representing the owner of four commercial properties in South Florida – all of which suffered damages in excess of $65 million and representing this owner as to a fifth loss as to one of these properties, which subsequently suffered a fire loss. Our Insurance Practice Group obtained a multimillion-dollar settlement just as to the fire loss. As to the Irma claims, our Insurance Group continues to assist the owner throughout the claim process in counseling it as to the submittal of multiple proofs of loss to multiple layers of insurance companies, complying with post-loss requests, assessing and documenting the damages, assembling a group of experts to analyze and assess the damages, and analyzing and evaluating claims by and against third parties.
- Successfully represented numerous residential homeowners across Florida in obtaining nearly 100% of the amount demanded prior to jury trial.
- Groelle & Salmon, P.A.,
- Robert M. Geller & Associates
- Roger P. Foley, P.A.