Deborah B. Talenfeld
Deborah Talenfeld focuses her practice primarily in the areas of corporate reorganization, aviation, life settlement frauds, bankruptcy-related litigation and appellate litigation. She has had substantial success over her career in both uncovering fraud in complex cases and recovering assets for victims.
During her many years of practice, Deborah has represented debtors, creditors, liquidating trustees, plan trustees, as well as chapter 7 and chapter 11 trustees. For 20 years, she has served as counsel to the trustee for a post-confirmation claims resolution trust, administering hundreds of product liability claims. Deborah previously served on the panel of Chapter 7 trustees for the Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Florida, administering thousands of corporate and individual debtor cases under Chapter 7 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.
- Counsel to trustee for the Piper Aircraft Corporation Irrevocable Trust
- Counsel to chapter 7 trustee in complex life insurance settlement fraud case spanning the United States and Europe, with ongoing litigation and appeals, and continued activities in Europe to recovery assets in the United States and abroad.
- Debtor’s counsel to factoring entity in Chapter 11 filing, leading to unravelment of complex fraud resulting in the return of millions of dollars to creditors
- Debtor’s counsel to condominium complex in Chapter 11 filing
- Debtor’s counsel to shoe store chain in Chapter 11 proceeding
- Counsel to secured creditor in hotel Chapter 11 filing and litigation, as well as ensuing district court and 11th Circuit appeals
- Counsel to private equity group in acquisition of condominium towers in Chapter 11 proceeding
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV® Preeminent™ rated
- Daily Business Review, Finalist, Top Dealmakers of the Year, Distressed Real Estate, 2011
- Kluger, Peretz, Kaplan & Berlin, P.L.