Hugo E. Acebo
Hugo E. Acebo is a partner on Berger Singerman’s Dispute Resolution Team, where he focuses his practice on representing individuals in high net worth, financially complicated cases. He has extensive litigation experience, including representing couples in dissolution proceedings, resolving challenges and defense of premarital and postnuptial agreements, investigating income, earnings, and identification and valuation of assets for distribution.
He handles paternity claims, matters contesting the relocation of children, cases involving parenting issues, and issues particular to same-sex relationships and the LGBTQ+ community at large, including assisting intended parents who seek to form families through the use of assisted reproductive technology.
Hugo is also an Adjunct Professor at Florida International University - College of Law, where he teaches the Family Law Course. He is Martindale-Hubbell AV rated and is featured in the South Florida Legal Guides listing of Top Lawyers in Marital and Family Law. He is fluent in both English and Spanish.
- The Best Lawyers in America®, 2020-2021
- South Florida Legal Guide's Top Lawyers Top Up and Comer in Marital Law
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated
- Bluestein and Wayne, P.A.
- Office of Attorney General, Office of Statewide Prosecution
- Office of Attorney General, Medicaid Fraud Control Unit
- Miami-Dade County State Attorney’s Office