Marianne Curtis is a member of the Dispute Resolution Team based in Berger Singerman's Miami office. She focuses her practice on handling litigation involving employment matters, business disputes, and complex commercial litigation. Previously, Marianne served as a Special Assistant with the United States Attorney's Office for the Southern District of Florida and was an Assistant State Attorney with the Miami-Dade State Attorney’s Office. During her time with the State Attorney’s Office and the United States Attorney’s Office, Marianne honed her skills in state and federal court as she tried over 85 jury trials to verdict, litigated numerous evidentiary motions, and drafted multiple appellate briefs.
Marianne Curtis played point guard for the University of Miami women’s basketball team. She recently teamed up with a fellow member of the University of Miami men’s basketball team as one of the Board of Directors for his non-profit organization, DIBIA Dream.
- Successfully defended high level executive in the finance industry regarding violations of restrictive covenants in a preliminary injunction hearing—leading to the dismissal of the case by former employer.
- Represented co-founder of a nutritional supplement company valued at seven figures to retain ownership of the company in a shareholder dispute that resulted in a dismissal of the lawsuit.
- Defended management-level employee within the call-center industry from enforcement of restrictive covenants resulting in dismissal of the lawsuit.
- Investigated and pursued claims against Fortune 500 company in a commercial contract dispute resulting in a pre-lawsuit settlement.
- Represented nationwide information technology company in enforcing restrictive covenants by obtaining a temporary injunction, thereafter made final.
- Representation of maintenance and infrastructure company in enforcing restrictive covenants and pursuing claims of tortious interference by former business owners and employees.
- Defended physicians from enforcement of restrictive covenants through negotiation of pre-lawsuit settlement.
- Represented a Florida company in pursuing claims for theft of trade secrets and tortuous interference following the resignations of top executives who left to work for a competing company.
- Defended employer in medical industry involved in wage dispute resulting in dismissal of case.
- Represented founder of one of the leading companies in the agricultural industry against a Fortune 500 company in federal court in the Southern District of New York that resulted in a denial of a preliminary injunction.
- Represented one of the leaders in the industrial diamond industry against former high level employee and new employer resulting in the enforcement of restrictive covenants and ensuring protection of trade secrets.
- Florida Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2019-2020
- Rising Star Award, Women of Distinction Judicial Gala (2019)
- Rising Star Award, Miami-Dade Florida Association for Women Lawyers (2019)
- The Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division Woman Lawyer Achievement Award (2019)
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation 40 Under 40 Outstanding Lawyers of South Florida Award (2015)
- Governor, The Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division
- Board of Directors, Young Lawyers Section, Dade County Bar Association
- Board of Directors, DIBIA Dream
- Board of Directors, Miami-Dade Florida Association for Women Lawyers