Morris C. Brown
Morris Brown has been practicing for more than 35 years, primarily in the areas of general corporate and securities law, representing investors, venture capitalists, corporations and others in private and public capital formation, mergers and acquisitions. His practice includes transactions of all sizes, ranging from substantial public and private acquisitions and mergers to public offerings and private placements for newly emerging companies.
- Represented BBX Capital [a public company trading on the NYSE] in the three stage acquisition of the Altman Companies, a real estate development platform primarily operating in South Florida, which includes a construction company which has historically acted as the general contractor for the platform, and separate development company and management companies. The first stage of the purchase required the creation of a joint venture between BBX [the Buyer] and the owner of the Altman Companies [the platform] which was followed by the purchase by BBX [the Buyer] of a 50% interest in the Altman Companies [the platform companies] for $22.7 million, and then a contribution of all of the interests of each of BBX [the Buyer] and the owner of the platform companies to the joint venture. Subject to certain conditions the Buyer] BBX will purchase an additional 40% of the Altman Companies [the platform companies] through the joint venture on the 4th anniversary of the original acquisition, for an additional $9.4 million.
- Representation of a public post- secondary education provider in a series of over 35 acquisitions which added over 100 schools to its system.
- Representation of a privately held healthcare supplier in its sale for over $350 million to a public holding company, and the representation of hi-tech providers in connection with private placement capital raises.
- Super Lawyers, 2007
- Florida Trend, Legal Elite, 2006
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV® Preeminent™ rated
Morris serves as a member of the National Council for the School of Arts and Sciences at Washington University in Saint Louis. He also serves as Chairman of the Gold Coast Elliot Society of Washington University, and the vice Chair of its Gold Coast Regional Oversight Committee.
- Greenberg Traurig
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius