Nicole Levy Kushner
Nicole concentrates her practice on a broad range of complex commercial litigation matters in federal and state court including commercial real estate litigation, commercial lease litigation, business and contract disputes, corporate governance disputes, and employment litigation. She is a 2013 graduate of the University of Florida, Levin College of Law, and a graduate of the University of Florida, Hough Graduate School of Business (M.B.A., 2013) and the University of Florida (B.S., 2009).
- Representation of clients in complex real estate and business litigation, including defense of joint venture/partnership claims.
- Represented Fortune 500 company in a dispute over control of a Florida LLC created to re-develop a 32-acre mixed use parcel in South Florida for a multi-million dollar project.
- Represented South Florida manufacturer in an action against former shareholders and officers seeking an injunction for misappropriation of trade secrets under Florida law.
- Represented private lender in foreclosing a commercial mortgage, seeking to recover millions of dollars in damages for breach of a promissory note, and enforcing personal guaranties.
- Represented owner and operator of South Florida hotel properties in defense of actions brought pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Represented owner and operator of Miami Beach hotel property in defense of nuisance claims brought by neighboring condominium association.
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section, Business Torts & Unfair Competition Committee
- Co-chair, Young Advocate Subcommittee (2020-2021)
- Board Member, The Federal Bar Association - Broward County Chapter
- The Florida Bar Civil Procedure Rules Committee 2019 - present
- Anti-Defamation League Civil Rights Committee, 2017- present
- Greater Miami Jewish Federation Sunset Over Miami Host Committee, 2015-present
- Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce
- Leadership Miami ®, Class of 2017
- Duane Morris LLP