Martin J. Genauer
Marty Genauer focuses his practice in transactional law, with an emphasis on mergers and acquisitions. In his corporate, banking and securities practice he routinely handles complex domestic and international corporate transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, asset sales and purchases, corporate reorganizations and venture capital investments. In his real estate practice he handles complex commercial real estate transactions for lenders, borrowers, developers and investors.
Additionally, he represents companies that endeavor to use Florida as a base of operations for penetrating the Latin American and Caribbean markets. He also serves as an expert witness in legal malpractice cases involving business and real estate transactions.
Corporate, Banking and Securities
- Represented publicly held and privately held companies in various industries including agribusiness, technology, telecommunications, health care, financial services, manufacturing, insurance, banking and art, in a variety of complex corporate transactions.
- Advised clients regarding and have negotiated on their behalf complex shareholder and partnership relationships in the context of all forms of entities.
- Advised clients in situations involving disputes with other shareholders and partners, resulting in the avoidance of costly litigation.
- Represented lenders and borrowers, both domestic and foreign, in a variety of debt/equity financing transactions, including complex corporate financing, asset based financing and various forms of municipal financing.
- Represented clients in negotiating and documenting domestic and international licensing, franchising, distribution and agency agreements.
- Represented companies and management in the creation and implementation of management incentive programs, negotiation and documentation of as well as employment, consulting and non-competition agreements.
- Represented developers and investors in the acquisition and disposition of commercial real estate, including shopping centers, office buildings, multi-family housing projects, nursing home facilities, residential developments and condominiums.
- Represented landlord and tenants in commercial leasing transactions.
- Represented mortgage lenders and borrowers in the financing of commercial real estate, including resolving title and environmental issues and dealing with the governmental regulated aspects of real estate transactions.
- Represented U.S. clients in connection with the sale of their foreign operations and purchase of foreign businesses.
- Represented U.S. clients with respect to their worldwide operations and further provided foreign clients doing business in the U.S. with a wide range of services including licensing and distribution agreements, joint venture agreements, regulatory matters and other types of structuring advice.
- Has served as a consulting expert and expert witness for both plaintiffs and defendants in legal malpractice cases involving commercial real estate transactions, mergers and acquisitions and partnership and shareholder matters.
Awards & Honors
- The Best Lawyers in America®, 2015-2020
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV® rated
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2006- 2016
- Florida Trend Magazine, Legal Elite
- South Florida Legal Guide, Top Lawyers, 2013-2014, 2016-2019
Community Activities / Associations
- Citizens Board, University of Miami
- American Bar Association
- The Florida Bar, Corporate Banking and Business Law Section
- Dade County Bar Association
- Jones, Day, Reavis & Pogue
- Greenberg Traurig
- Paul, Landy, Beiley & Harper
- Karp & Genauer P.A
- Genauer & Associates, P.A.