S. Daniel Ponce
S. Daniel Ponce has been actively engaged in the representation of public and privately held enterprises in complex business and litigation matters. Danny started his career in public accounting with a big five accounting firm and served as an Assistant General Counsel to the Florida Division of Securities and Acting Executive Assistant to the State of Florida Comptroller and Cabinet Officer. Danny has served as General Counsel to two public companies, and has served as a member of the Board of Directors of public companies. In these capacities, he has gained a wide array of knowledge into business and litigation risks and management of those risks, from both an accounting and legal perspective.
Danny's clients represent a varied group of business interests throughout the State of Florida, and have included among others, Imperial Industries, Inc., Premix Marbletite Manufacturing Co., Inc., Hackett Group, Inc. (Nasdaq HCKT), David Parker, Ed Miller, Ted Fernandez, The Biltmore Hotel, The David Williams Hotel, The Alexander Hotel, Southern Audio Visual, Oscar Roger, Roger Development Group, Inc., College Park Group, LLC, Plum Creek Timberlands, L.P., Harry-Anna Investment, Fund, Inc., Nalbandian Properties, and Tioga Town Center. In 2002, he served as Special Counsel to U.S. Senator Bob Graham in Washington D.C.
- The Best Lawyers in America®, 2016-2021
- Trustee Emeritus, University of Florida
- Board Member and Chair of the Audit and Compliance Committee, UF Health (Shands Hospital) Gainesville, Florida
- Past President and Chairman of the Orange Bowl Committee
- Past Chairman of New World School of the Arts
- Board Member and Past Chairman of the University of Florida Athletic Association Finance Committee
- Member of the Florida Federal Judicial Nominating Commission, Middle District Conference
- Past Chairman, Audit Committee, University of Florida Foundation
- Member, Dade County Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, The Florida Bar
- Young Lawyers Section; Secretary (1981-1982)
- Legon Ponce & Fodiman, P.A.
- Special Counsel for Senator Bob Graham, Washington, D.C.
- Zack Hanzman Ponce Tucker Korge & Gillespie, P.A.
- Floyd Pearson Richman Greer, P.A.
- Assistant General Counsel, Florida Division of Securities
- Acting Executive Assistant to the State of Florida Comptroller and Cabinet Officer